Customer: Lembaga Jurukur Tanah (Land Surveyor Board)
Project implemented: 2005 - 2011
The Land Surveyors Board is an institution that promotes the relevance and significance of the land surveying profession in nation building, national development, environmental sustainability and the betterment of society. The activities of the Board are governed by applicable legislations, regulations and rules.
The e-LJT project will enable the board to improve its work processes and delivery system. The project will include the improvement using ICT on the Board’s general administration, registration and documentation functions, project registration, recording and monitoring, and finance management. The project will include the implementation of a technical framework that will be used to address the Board’s current and future applications.
e-LJT consists of the following components:
- Internal Portal
- Public Portal
- Registration and Survey Practice Module
- Survey Job Management Module
- Financial management Module
- Monitoring Module
- Document Library Module
- System Administration and Security Module
- System Integration and Interfaces Module
- The system will be integrated with the existing accounting system within the Board and relevant systems in JUPEM.
The primary objectives of e-LJT are:
- Enhance the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) to improve existing Board infrastructure and delivery system.
- Streamline and automate all transactions relevant to the Board’s activities.
- Provide a flexible, open-in-design, capable of incorporating proven industry best practices and one which caters for the ease of interactions between the Board, the LLS and JUPEM.
- Provide a system which allows flexible access to accurate, timely and on-demand information and services which will help decision making.
- Provide stringent security controls for the system.
The implementation scope of the system covers:
- Business processes of various sections in the Board which provide services ranging from registration to job processing.
- System Functionalities:
- Registration and Survey Practice
- Survey Job Management
- Financial Management
- Administration and Security
- System Integration and Interfaces